Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity why does it say I'm not logged in at the top of the website forum sections when I already am?

·
Administrator
2,652 Posts
Hi Gary. It sounds like you might have bookmarked the wrong page.
It should be:
http://www.camaros.net/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi

it's possible to bookmark a different entry page which will not recognize the cookie until you post.

When you do post, does it ask for your username and password? If so, then your cookies have been crumbled and should be reset.

http://www.camaros.net/forum/cookieclear.html and delete all cookies. Then back to the forum link above and login. That should reset things.

Al

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Al,
I deleted the site off my favorites and bookmarked it again and it is still the same. When I post, my user name is there with log out next to it in brackets, so I believe that's fine. When I first bring up the website, it's at the forum sections and at the top where there is the number of members registered, that same line to the left it says I'm not logged in, to log in or register. I usually don't delet my cookies from the days use until later at night so I know I'm still logged in.

·
15,370 Posts
You delete your cookies everyday? Why's that?

Even though it's telling you to Login or Register, try forcing a refresh of the page..... hold SHIFT then press F5. That will refresh the page and bring you right where you were before the refresh. Also hold CTRL and then press F5. That will refresh the page completely and should bring you right back to the top of whatever page\site you're on. They'll both force the page to be refreshed.

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I first started messing with computers the temp file would get so full of cookies that the computer would just stop accepting any sites I tried to get on. The admistrator at work told me about deleting cookies in the temp files and history file and i just got into a habit of deleting them.

HwyStarJoe, what you stated...that doesn't help either...it is still there. I can refresh all day long and it is still there. This really isn't a problem, i'm just curious why it came up and stayed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts