Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My painter got my stripe off a little. If you notice it is too far back. Maybe 1/4 inch. The engine emblem is not in the center of the stripe.

Now, he said if I wanted it fixed he would re-do the stripe. My question is if this were your car, would you have the stripe redone or live with it?

The stripe is buried in the clear so the fender would have to be sanded back down, painted striped and cleared. The other side is the same as this one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/ck-2/stripeholes.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/ck-2/stripewithemblem.jpg

·
Registered
540 Posts
for "most" people, it would not be a problem. But, since you know about it, it will bother you forever.

I re-shot the stripes on my rear spoiler twice 'cause I wasn't happy with their alignment to the trunk stripes.

If your painter is volunteering to do it, I'd say have it done.... otherwise no matter how great your car looks when finished, you'll always focus on the one "flaw" that bothers you.

just my .02

·
Premium Member
6,709 Posts
I see what you are talking about in the 2nd pic.

This is what mine looked like before resto:

Your stripe is off a little, as you know. I would have it done properly if it was my car.

·
Registered
598 Posts
My car has a spot of bondo the size of a dime on the pillar that wasn't sanded down before paint when I got the car. Most people don't even notice it but it drives me nuts so in my opinion I would fix the stripe however it's really not that bad but it's still there.

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
I'm pretty anal about Z stripes, but haven't really studied the SS stripe, even though I had them on a 69 RS SS. I agree, if the painter is ready and willing to do them correctly, I would let him do it. Charlie

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree I should let him fix it. My only reason for thinking about leaving it is that silver metallic fenders that don't match the rest of the car is worse than the stripe situation I have.

I would like it fixed if possible.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One thing that might help is he just painted the car. I haven't even brought it home yet. He can use the same can of paint and gun the rest of the car is painted with.

Not like he's having to match old paint. However I know temperature, humidity, as well as other things can still make metallics hard to match.

·
Registered
873 Posts
If it doesn't match, have him paint the whole car again, don't even think twice, if you let your standard down on that, its just the start.

Even if I had to come off some cash myself, I would fix it, steal some money out of your wifes purse, what ever you got to do.:)

Rob

·
Registered
968 Posts
if thats what your bothered about on your car, you are lucky, and you must have an unbelievable car.

I don't think it's worth doing over, for such a small detail. Maybe ask for a little discount?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
If he's offering to do it free...let him do it. Because you know if ya don't some Jerk at some show some day is going to say (to your face) "Nice car....did ya know your stripe is off?" Then you'll crack him over the head, scuffle in the parking lot, have to call your wife to bail ya out and all over the free fix!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If he's offering to do it free...let him do it. Because you know if ya don't some Jerk at some show some day is going to say (to your face) "Nice car....did ya know your stripe is off?" Then you'll crack him over the head, scuffle in the parking lot, have to call your wife to bail ya out and all over the free fix!
Have to say I'm aggravated right now, but this made me laugh.

How true.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
its nice!!

dont worry about it......wait till you completely assemble the car..... you will have other issues to deal with!!

beleive me, no car is perfect!!!!!

not one!!!!!!

99% of camaro ppl wont even notice.

in the long run you will do whats feels best!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
My painter got my stripe off a little. If you notice it is too far back. Maybe 1/4 inch. The engine emblem is not in the center of the stripe.

Now, he said if I wanted it fixed he would re-do the stripe. My question is if this were your car, would you have the stripe redone or live with it?

The stripe is buried in the clear so the fender would have to be sanded back down, painted striped and cleared. The other side is the same as this one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/ck-2/stripeholes.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/ck-2/stripewithemblem.jpg

Fix it now. If you don't you'll regret it forever, or at least as long as you own the car. Don't lower your standards now. Ask me how I know. :clonk:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts