Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there are still cars under 10,000.00 out there. I bought this last summer just as you see it. for 8,500.00. The guy I bought it from got burned out on his nevering ending project. He said everything he did was a battle from the get go. Last straw he started the engine and it poured oil out the back of the engine. He thought it was the rear seal and he said "I'm Done" I offered to look at it and see if I could fix it. He says "nope all done wanna buy it?" How much "8,500" I say sold. He wouldn't let me start it in his driveway he didn't want the oil spilling on his concrete. So my boys and I pushed it up on the trailer, got it home, up on the lift, started her up and sure enough oil running down the back, BUT not a rear seal, someone had cut off the tube to the manual fuel gauge, so the tube was just hanging there spewing oil everywhere. I felt so bad I called the guy and told him and offered him the car back, But "Nope a deals a deal and I'm sick of the car keep it". I've spent another 1000 on the interior but still under 10,000! So Camaro Steve keep looking there is one out there for you!

Attachments

·
20,016 Posts
Unreal. Some people are nuts (him,not you)

Looks great :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
WOW you must be livin' right...and I admire you calling the guy back about what you found,not enough of that going around these days. call it Karma,what goes around comes around,do the right thing...or what ever,I commend you on shooting straight with the guy,and happy motoring on the find!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll take some more tomorrow, I but the fender mouldings on today, I had a friend who does detailing wet sand it for me this last week and I just got it back yesterday, I've got the back seat to get the covers on and 1 front seat to do, hope to have it all done in a couple of weeks. Know if I can talk the wifey into 4 new tires I got it made. The ones that are on it are crap and the two front ones actually rub when you turn hard, Hummm I wonder if I can use the tactic of unsafe to drive and she'll give the OK for new ones! She's usually pretty easy going, I think that will work!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hummm I wonder if I can use the tactic of unsafe to drive and she'll give the OK for new ones! She's usually pretty easy going, I think that will work!
You've already cashed in all your good karma - careful about those white lies ;)

Who am I kidding. I'd use it, and it would work! :yes: :D

·
Super Moderator
32,789 Posts
Nice car, nice deal, and nice of you to offer it back.

At least its the correct year, has RPO WWD, Wing Window Delete option.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Lucky lucky lucky. :yes: :hurray: :beers:

·
Super Moderator
32,789 Posts
Hummm I wonder if I can use the tactic of unsafe to drive and she'll give the OK for new ones! She's usually pretty easy going, I think that will work!
An acceptable tactic getting you most anything is to buy her a Prada purse. Something she can use and show off to her friends of what her loving hubby bought her.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Agreed on the offer to the previous owner being above and beyond!

Oh and don't take this personally but I hate you... Not really gratz on what appears to be an amazing deal. Now if the car starts to drain away your life force, fix itself, and runs over your wife with nobody in it the deal might not be so good ha ha.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Nice find. Trust me the are still out there, i seen a primered 69 last year go for 500.00

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Nice find-excellent price-great looking car!! Congrats!! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts