Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i am new here and I recently bought a 1989 camaro in excellent condition... only thing about the car I know is the guy who had it let his son drive it and granaded the motor and now its got a 305 with and auto matic and its supose to have a 5 speed manual.. not sure if its supose to be a 350 or not though.. but its is carberated..with the wireing I need some help with does anyone know a place to go to get wireing diagrams or something like that that will help me out.. thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
`Welcome..... if your 89 originally came with a 5 speed, it would not have had a 350. That combination was not available that year. If it still has the original console in it, there is a tag inside the compartment that lists all the RPO codes for that car. Sometimes they get rubbed off over the years and can be hard to read. If you can read them do a Goggle search for "GM RPO codes" and you will find a few sites that list them. You can then decode the car. If it's a true IROC, it will have a Z28 code.

I have a Chiltons Repair Manual for 82-92 Camaro that has wiring diagrams in it. You may find the info you need in one of them.

Good Luck...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Cory, Welcome to Team Camaro :waving:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey mitch no it dont have the original center consolethe ppl i got it from put in an automatic with a 305 and swapped everything out...so other then that I dont know how to find out anything about the car...any help would be apreciated...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts