Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this message makes it's way to Matts Custom Bow ties. I was referred here by Pace 69 and am the proud owner of a low mileage 67 RS which for the past few years has consumed close to $2,000 of my money trying to repair to keep original. I have not been able to get the doors or open and shut reliably nor have two auto electric shops that I trust. Classic Industries has an update kit for them but since Matts is in Danville and I am in Sonoma I would rather keep the money local and with a Forum vendor for an upgrade kit. Anybody have any experience with the kit Matt sells and how much $ seeing as I have already invested $2,000 chasing my tail on these things? WILL:crying:

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Will call this week. Up in Oregon helping with granddaughters after my daughter had emergency surgery for inflamed appendix. All went well and should be home we'd or thu.

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Thank you. Will call this week. Up in Oregon helping with granddaughters after my daughter had emergency surgery for inflamed appendix. All went well and should be home we'd or thu.
Ok, sounds good. I am happy to hear your Daughter is doing well. Life can be too short and fragile, things like that tend to put us all in check and realize just how lucky we are to have our health and let the simple things go and live a happy life.

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine worked properly intermittently! Pulled out the relay bank from the drivers fender and opened relays. One was stuck closed and others burnt badly. Replaced all 3 relays ( with aftermarket ). They work perfect now.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Hi Will. They can be a pain in the ***. but if/when you get them working they are trouble free for a long time. Biggest issue is the switches on the dash and making sure they are all grounded properly. You may have to shim the switches to get the doors to contact them. Here is a link to my Facebook page with lots of info and pics.

Rick
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151302994429803.498169.514909802&type=3

There is a description if you click on each of the photos

·
Vendor
974 Posts
For those that don't want to deal with the almost 50yr old design of this system, we sell Retro-Electro and DSE RS headlight motor kits.

These work FAR better than stock and don't use limit switches, relay banks, etc (67) and no vacuum at all (68-69).

I have had some guys install them and then put the stock vacuum tank, hoses, etc back in the car as a dummy setup. This works well if you MUST look stock, but all the vacuum pieces do take a lot of room and the 67 electric setups do burn relays and trip breakers a lot too.

PM me if anyone needs info on converting their system.

Thanks
Matt

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Matt sorry for the little hijack. When mine stop working I will be converting.

Rick
Not at all Rick, no worries. I just want to make sure everyone knows their options with the RS system. I personally would ONLY have an RS Camaro and the aftermarket kits just make it so nice and trouble free, for the most part (The door must move without bind, especially on the DSE kit)

Thanks
Matt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts