Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hurray: I don't know if this is the right Forum or not please inform. Well to make a long story short, I have a block out of a Z with the last vin. number of 63816 1 or 7 I can't tell.The pad stamp is VO4O8DZ This is a 388 block and was sitting for many years. I'm only interested in the cars owner at this time. If I can't find that person I might decide to sell it later but for now I would love nothing more to get these two together. you can email me at upnorth27hotmail.com Thank You

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
That car would be an 05A built car. A block with that assembly date should more than likely be one of the last 618 blocks with the 010 blocks coming down the line about 2 weeks later. A 388 block that late an assembly date is an oddity since they stopped casting them around the 1st of the year. When was the block cast?

·
Premium Member
6,550 Posts
I agree with Mark. It would be nice to see a pic of the stamping.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
According to Alan Colvin's book, "at least two Z28 Camaros were built with this block, with casting dates ranging from L20 to c 119." Sounds like kind of a rarity to have this block in a Z if I'm reading it correctly.

·
Premium Member
6,550 Posts
Thats outdated info and quote from the book. The book also goes on to say how "rare the 388 block is when actually it is a very plentiful block. Hopefully in the later reprinted issues they have since corretced that and other misinfo from the earlier versions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts