Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Hopefully someone may know of a source for this part. I am looking for the connector duct that goes between the astro vent bezel\black duct adaptor and the firewall duct. It is the middle piece that looks almost like a corregated plastic drain pipe. It's what routes the air from the firewall duct to the bezel/duct assembly.I have searched ebay, Ricks and a bunch of other catalogs for this part but no one carries it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ray

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
check the "general parts" section in our classifieds. I'm looking for one of these, too, maybe, and there are 3 or 4 outfits with ads that claim to have them.

On this subject, on my car, the drivers side "duct" is a really nice, kinda corrogated plastic part that actually fits.

The passenger side is more like a worn out rubber sock that won't even stay in place without duct tape. Are they supposed to be that different, or did someone jury rig things a bit?

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts

Ray,

Here is a picture of mine from the passenger side.
If you are looking for the corrugated duct hose, Year one sells all 4 sizes. Hope this helps.

Rick

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Ray, my drivers side piece looks exactly like the ones in the picture.

Tokala, if you have one like that (both sides look the same) I need one! I also need the control valve assembly for the drivers side, if anyone has a spare. That part is reproduced, tho.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Tokala,

The part I need for my drivers side is the bottom part that looks like a corregated (sorta flattened out) duct. In the four little pictures they are the the bottom pieces in the top right picture seperate from the astros and bezels.
If you have one you would like to sell let me know.

Thanks
Ray

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ray,
You may want to just pick up one of these kits from Rick's. It contains all the seals that you need for the Astro ventilation. The piece that i think you are looking for is the one at the upper right. In the picture it is collapsed, but it is the "corrugated" pipe. The part number is IN-27. I only have about a 5" long piece, when it's stretched out.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Tokala,
I have a 68, the kit is for a 69, They must be different. The gaskets look different.

Thanks
Ray

1 - 13 of 13 Posts