·
Premium Member
9,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What say you?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I don't believe GM used blue forma gaskett to seal rivets.
Not saying if it real or not but i agree w/Paul it is beat and looks like it may have ben off at some point. This tag is not on a yellow ss clone is it? Big block alum. head?

·
Premium Member
9,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't believe GM used blue forma gaskett to seal rivets. Not saying if it real or not but i agree w/Paul it is beat and looks like it may have ben off at some point. This tag is not on a yellow ss clone is it? Big block alum. head?
No... off a Lemans Blue / white Z --- no orig drivetrain, 302 motor with incorrect intake

·
Premium Member
9,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately I didn't pay close enough attention to the firewall... I was busy looking at some other portions of the car, and wanted to get good shots of the tag.

As far as the authenticity, do you guys think it's a real or repro tag?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Looks fine to me. My 04C car also has a tag that has some issues, wrinkles etc... but has never been off the car. It is a 1 owner car so there is no question. People would probably question it but it has never been off. My firewall isn't wrinkled though. angelglo may be right on the previous accident.

·
Premium Member
13,704 Posts
Steve:
Tag is real - if you have the VIN you can line the two up to see if it is also probably original to the car.

The firewall does look like it's been 'messaged' a bit in the past. Could be from an accident or some Clitus using a pry-bar on the wiper motor - ya just never know unless you study the whole vehicle.

Glad to hear you passed if it wasn't up to your needs;
John

·
Registered
167 Posts
I hope you dont mind if I ask a tag question on your post Dreamweaver. I see it raises doubt when a tag is removed and reinstalled. On my 67 RS/SS Big Block car the tag has sanding marks as the previous owner left it on when he refinished the firewall. I am repainting the car back to the original NN code color and was thinking of removing the tag and getting trimtags to make a new one only because I am a perfectionest. After reading this I think It may raise doubts of the authenticity of the car. Would it be best to leave the original tag on? Is there any way to identify the trim tag from the original? I bought my car from the second owner and his brother owned it before him. I have the protecter plate and original dealer info the car was bought from.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
You can see a crease in the firewall under this tag and to the upper right. I am no expert but it looks like it belongs there to me. The Lemans blue paint with deluxe black interior is a really nice combo too.

·
Premium Member
6,758 Posts
I hope you dont mind if I ask a tag question on your post Dreamweaver. I see it raises doubt when a tag is removed and reinstalled. On my 67 RS/SS Big Block car the tag has sanding marks as the previous owner left it on when he refinished the firewall. I am repainting the car back to the original NN code color and was thinking of removing the tag and getting trimtags to make a new one only because I am a perfectionest. After reading this I think It may raise doubts of the authenticity of the car. Would it be best to leave the original tag on? Is there any way to identify the trim tag from the original? I bought my car from the second owner and his brother owned it before him. I have the protecter plate and original dealer info the car was bought from.

Leave the original on there, otherwise you are going to open up a can of worms about your car.

The tag above is real.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.