Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone running a comp 280 magnum in there 350/355 engine? looking to see what track times you ran with what combo you have, I have a 355 with performer rpm heads and intake, trw 2304 dome pistons, 1.6 roller rockers, turbo 350 and 373 rear. just trying to decide if that would be strong enough or do I want something else, of course I don't want to spend much :),

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
JFINN

I don't have the exact info. you're looking for but maybe it will help.

I've got a 327 with the 280 magnum, stock rockers, dome pistons, 462 heads, RPM intake, 4.10 posi and a 4-speed.

It runs 13.5's at 102 mph on street tires with lousy 60 ft. times. You've got more cubes, better flowing heads and 1.6 rockers so I'd guess you'd be able to run high 12's with good traction, depending on what converter you've got.

If the heads are 64 cc you could probably use a bit more cam and bleed off some compression, again depending on the converter.

It all depends on what you're going to use the car for.

Mark

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,361 Posts
JFINN..., I have a similar combo in the '69. My best 1/8 was 8.61 on street tires which netted about a 2 second '60. My convertor is pretty tight also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.