Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering the pricing on all original equipment , is anyone
building complete custom cars using the Dynacorn bodies ??
I'm interested in getting some quotes on the convertible.
Thanks , J.Presley

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Why do a NON Camaro with NO VIN and spend MORE money using ALL reproduction parts, when you could find a nice original convertible, and fix it up the way you want. I hear there are guys that do this kind of stuff. Some if these guys even have original 69 convertibles to start with...........

>>>>>>>>>>>> www.ProdigyCustoms.com <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Ask yourself a question. If every reproduction part is 99.9% correct, and if there are 2000 pieces to a car. Is it safe to assume that a car that is 100% reproduction is 20% screwed up, LOL!

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Nicely put Frank, lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe it's pretty simple . I'm not concerned w/ an original piece .
I want something to drive now , not two years from now .
If you pay 45 K for a nice original it wouldn't be too swift to spend
another 15 or 20 K to make it the way you want it .
Why not spend a little more , have a brand new car , and have fun
driving exactly what you want .Maybe the cost will change my mind ,
I'd like to get a couple quotes to find out . Thanks jp

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
OK, so you know. If you buy the donor right, the cost should be the same between the new body and original body. The new body is $15,000 and according to CARS (company that was building the bodies, but is not building the bodies any longer) own representative is 300 hours to paint, which is another $15,000 to $18,000. So the painted shell, with no subframe is $30K to $33K. For $35k we can give you a rolling painted original shell (I have it in stock ready to build), that is a better car, in the same amount of time it would take to paint the new body. And it will have a title and a tremendous better resale value (even though that does not matter, but it should).

I think many have the false assumption that the "new car", since it is "all new", will be easier and less time to build. When in reality it would be exactly the other way. What's worse then the buyer not knowing any better is the shop that under bids the project nievely. Then someone gets screwed, guess who.

Our rolling shell will include critical components your DO NOT want to use in repo like subframe, convertible top frame, to name a few. Also there are 100s of useable parts in a original car you will not have to buy, so the $5K cost difference in negated by the included useable extras. And it is a better car when finished. As for being "all new". Once the original shell is blasted, all the metal replaced as needed, it is also "new again" So why not do the original?

We would love to quote either for you. We are very qualified to do your build to any build theme you would choose. I am pretty sure we build as many Camaro's as any one. If you give me some basic details I can get you some close numbers without working to hard.

In adding the $45K + $20K = $65K you said would not be to swift, you could blow though that twice building a new one from scratch. I believe there is a guy on Team Camaro doing one that has more then that in parts.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I bought a '68'vert with a title, VIN, TrimTag.
I am basically re-constructing every panel, every bolt and every weld from scratch.
I bought 95% of the replacement metal in those convertible shells, for under $2000, and welded it up myself.

When complete, I will have the car of my dreams for under $40..
(check out my profile pic or website photos.)

·
Registered
309 Posts
I bought a '68'vert with a title, VIN, TrimTag.
I am basically re-constructing every panel, every bolt and every weld from scratch.
I bought 95% of the replacement metal in those convertible shells, for under $2000, and welded it up myself.

When complete, I will have the car of my dreams for under $40..
(check out my profile pic or website photos.)
Your an animal :beers: I almost fell out my chair when I saw that car down to the frame ....... AMEN brother you ROCK keep up the good work

·
Registered
993 Posts
How would you register one of those new dynacorn bodies? Wouldn't it be considered a 2007 vehicle. Now it would have to pass all the new smog and other laws wouldn't it?
i'm in cali and checked it out. cars that do not have a vin are considered kit cars and are registered as the car they most closely resemble. those cali cobras you see are registered as 66 or so model years, even though they are serial numbered brand-new cars.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
How would you register one of those new dynacorn bodies? Wouldn't it be considered a 2007 vehicle. Now it would have to pass all the new smog and other laws wouldn't it?
Many states, Florida is one that is passing the needed law now, allow you to register the vehicle as the year it most closely resembles. Tag and title show as a kit car not as a Chevrolet Camaro, but it can be driven on the street and insured without a hassel. Florida does not enforce any smog laws, so that 632 Pat Mussi BBC can be driven with out an anual inspection, if that is what you would like to do.

Larger Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts