Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are currently looking at switching the leaf springs in our 1967 camaro. I have been looking for the 3 leaf setup that many have switched to, but haven't been able to find it on JC Whitney or some of the others. We don't want to lower the car, we just want to get a better setup at/near the current height...so any help of you know where sold would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
We are currently looking at switching the leaf springs in our 1967 camaro. I have been looking for the 3 leaf setup that many have switched to, but haven't been able to find it on JC Whitney or some of the others. We don't want to lower the car, we just want to get a better setup at/near the current height...so any help of you know where sold would be appreciated.
Post some pics of your current ride height. Some of the lowering leafs aren't much/if any lower than an old sagging setup.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
The three leaf JCW springs were/are listed for a Nova, not a Camaro, but they fit fine.

·
Registered
487 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Post some pics of your current ride height. Some of the lowering leafs aren't much/if any lower than an old sagging setup.
I realize that I didn't state what we had already. The person we bought it from wanted to race it, but never did. With that being said, he put in a 5 multi leaf with traction bars. The setup is nice, but it rides pretty rough as my wife's weekend leisure driver. The back end actually sits slightly higher then stock...here are the pics.

Attachments

·
19,761 Posts
Remove the bottom 2-3 leafs.... shorten the pin (bolt) ....and re-assemble.

Try that first. Short leafs are stiff.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all for the recommendations...just waiting on the info from a few places

Has anyone had any firsthand experience with the leaf springs from classicmuscle.com? Their customer service said they were made by JR Springs, but I can't find too much info on them.

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
I put in the 3 leaf set up. It is pretty high although the body is mostly a shell. It's awfully stiff too. I really wish I had gone mono. If you're just gonna drive on the street with no thought of anything strenuous you might wish to consider mono leaf.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Need some opinions...got info back from four suppliers, and need to see if anyone has any experience if one is definitely better to go with:

1) Classicmuscle.com, made by JR Springs -$200

2) SD Trucks.com, made by multiple sources including Eagle, JR Springs, or other US made (depending on inventory) -$200

3) Eaton, made by Eaton -$349

4) Spring Works (local shop), Triangle Springs -$451

I would rather buy the better of the four, but if all things are equal...I don't want to just pay extra without the return.

Thank for the help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts