Team Camaro Tech banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
So you can convert to multi-leaf springs. I had a 68 with mono bought conversion kit and springs from summit. It substantially reduced but did not eliminate wheel hop. Get the lowering springs since i bought stock height and I feel they are too high. As others have suggested Cal-tracs, traction bars, etc. is probably a better option in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
So you can convert to multi-leaf springs. I had a 68 with mono bought conversion kit and springs from summit. It substantially reduced but did not eliminate wheel hop. Get the lowering springs since i bought stock height and I feel they are too high. As others have suggested Cal-tracs, traction bars, etc. is probably a better option in my opinion.
Traction bars did nothing for me. But putting that battery in the rear. Thumbs up!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Went ahead and ordered some suspension parts, CalTracs 2301, Calvert split-mono leaf springs 230-43, Koni 80-915. Looking forward to a better ride. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
Funny this comes up, but I remember seeing a video where they clamped the front leafs only and made a drastic change to the wrap...

kind of like...[HOW TO] Reduce Axle Wrap on Leaf Springs (Any Truck) - YouTube ....But will only work on multi-leafs (of any make/model)
I made my own years ago and cut the straps on the rear part of the springs to let them separate. Worked great. The back end of the car would lift when accelerating.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts