Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I converted by '68 from drum-drum to disk-drum using all new parts. Original style '69 single pistons, new M/C, and new proportioning valve with the switch built in. Here's the problem. I've vaccuum bled them several times and I'm still getting air problems. The brake light (from the switch in the proportioning valve) is coming on intermittantly meaning one side isn't holding pressure.

There are no leaks and the M/C is staying full. If I slam on the brakes the nose dives, so the fronts are working. Any suggestions on what to try next or tricks you've used before?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did bench bleed it per the instructions before I installed it, but since I had to bend all lines and that took a while, it's possible it drained I guess. Maybe I should do it again.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
You could bleed the M/C while still in the car. Just buy a bleeder kit from the local auto store. Take the two little hoses and screw them into each port on the M/C and have an assistant help you by working the brake pedal. (I usually get my wife to help me with that part).:)

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
could your rears be out of adjustment? if you doing a nose dive, that says to me that the fronts are working and the rears are not working as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts