Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, my first post was released from limbo by 69-Pace but I posted a follow-up that didn't make it.

I saved the text, let me try it here to see if it appears with pictures.
--------------- starting below here ---------------------

Welcome aboard.

We are all looking forward to pictures of you car.
Thanks. I had some problem getting approved to post, but thanks to DjD and 69-Pace for getting me going. I guess this post will be the test.

As DjD said I have added pictures to my garage, but as a test I'll try to add them here with some commentary.

I have been having a surprising amount of trouble finding photos despite having the car for 42 years. So these aren't great quality.

Here is what the car looked like when I bought it in 1975

In 1977 the factory paint was looking a little rough and had a family friend that owned a local body shop. I wanted a flashier look so had him remove the cracked vinyl top and paint the car (72 Corvette) Bright Yellow. Also adding 70's style bullet mirrors to both sides for style and so I could change lanes to the right without breaking my neck.

It was my daily (and only) driver all through college and afterwards until about 1984 (no idea how I got by without A/C in the mid south all those years!) and made a lot of memories. Then years went by and work/life didn't allow for driving an "old car" on a daily basis and it got parked for longer and longer stretches. By 1988 the 1977 lacquer was in very bad shape and I was worried about all the paint cracks allowing rust. But right then I was changing jobs and relocating so just needed it done, figuring paint was better than no-paint even if it was a crummy job. And I got what I paid for, the worst repaint imaginable. Overspray everywhere on the interior and engine. But at least it was back to the original color and I later found some original wheels and hubcaps.

This is how it looks now with 151,544 miles, original 327 2bbl (never been apart, I never have even had the valve covers off), original interior with some upholstery repairs.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Damon all the forum sections are in theory the same. Not sure what error you got but your last post here crossed the ten posting probationary period. Your title has now changed to apprentice. Congratulations. You can now post links to off-shore sites.

Brian

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Brian.

On the "Setup Progress" that appears at the top of the /forums page I've got a green circle on everything but the "upload your avatar".

But when I click on that link http://www.camaros.net/forums/profile.php?do=editavatar my only choice is to "not use avatar".

Is the avatar uploaded somewhere else? Can't find it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Brett - Leander, Texas 1969 SS396
1,323 Posts
Unfortunately, only "ROTM" (Ride of the Month) winners and Moderators get an avatar of their cars posted. The only Avatar available for the rest of us are "Team Camaro" avatars.

Brett.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's a nice car Damon. I think it's great that you kept the car thru all the trials of life!

ANY old pictures from the day are great to see. We just didn't have the luxury of a camera in our pockets at all times back then.

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts