Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a 69 camaro for a friend. Last time the car was titled was in California. He now lives in Colorado and has misplaced the title. He has owned it for 28 years and it was in his name in California. He has called Colorado DMV about the lost title and they say get ahold of California DMV. Has anyone gotten a lost title from California and how to request a lost title. He wanted to remove the vin from the dash and bring it to the Colorado DMV of proof on the car. We can also get a picture on the hidden vin on top of the cowl if we have too. We have the car about 80% together and it is at my house in Texas.

Is it easier to get ahold of a title company and have them get the title for you?

We are also installing the new interior kit from Marquez Design so the vin tag will have to be removed anyway for there new complete dash.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Removing the VIN tag is illegal everywhere. Bad idea to tell the DMV about doing it. If it was in his name in CA, check with CA DMV.

Google is your friend: lost title California dmv

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Removing the VIN tag is illegal everywhere. Bad idea to tell the DMV about doing it. If it was in his name in CA, check with CA DMV.

Google is your friend: lost title California dmv

Yes I Told him not to bring the tag to the DMV. That was a bad idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts