Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on an 88 350 when I tried to start it it made a loud clicking noise and id adjust the distributor cap and after awhile it would turn over but now that I try to start it it just mashes a real loud clicking noise it's not the battery or headers please ineed help:confused:

·
Premium Member
5,586 Posts
Need more info....does the engine actually run and make the noise or will it just make a loud clicking noise without starting the engine?

·
Super Moderator
33,493 Posts
A clicking noise at cranking is generally a starter solenoid kicking in/out and can be caused by not enough battery power going to the starter or the return path to the battery from the starter.

Some causes are dirty battery connections at the posts and cables, dirty connections at the other end of the battery cables, cable itself being too small of wire size, or battery not having enough charge - either battery is too small, too old, or not receiving enough charge, either low recharge voltage or not enough time.

I suggest to externally charge the battery for a couple hours and see the results.

Welcome to the Club, Tyler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.