Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks for all the help with the tach it is working fine , now I am trying to fiqure out the low fuel light. On the console cluster when the fuel It seems it is the yellow wire that feeds back to the dash cluster for the low fuel light. If this is right at what point and how does it trigger the light, and is that what the middle light behind the fuel gauge is for also. Thanks again

·
Retired
16,045 Posts
rich, Im not totally clear on your question but the yellow wire in the console cluster goes to a 'low fuel' module thats tied into your fuel guage in the cluster. The module will then send a signal to the dash 'fuel' light when the console fuel guage gets down somewhere under 1/4 tank. They all seem to vary but around 3 or 4 gallons of fuel left it starts to flicker the dash light. Mine goes on solid red for awhile and when I stop I put in around 15 gallons of gas. You have to 'learn' your module/light readings on your car to know for sure. The AIM manual shows how it all hooks up too. (Assembly Instruction Manual)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.