Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone - great site! Found you a couple of days ago and have been catching up on various post and decided to join in. I was fortunate enough a few years back to purcase a one owner 67 coupe (took a few years to do it though)
It's early production car - aug '66 and sold may of '67 the owner died in Aug of '67 and it was driven by the family until '88 when it was garaged for good. I bought it and garaged it until I could free up time & $$$.

I'm not planning on turning this car over but have concerns on hurting future value by upgrading to 350 and 5 spd - currently a 6 with three on the tree. I have all paper work, original keys, POP etc - with family slowly looking for window sticker.
Car is original with the exception of the horn and '69 SS Rims - original rims were included. What's your thoughts? Body numer 2429! Best regards

·
Registered
601 Posts
Any pics?

If it's really an outstanding original example I'd have a hard time cutting it up (yes I know what you are proposing is mostly a minor bolt-on deal.)

It'd also depend on what you were planning on doing with it.

If it's a parade/car show/ Saturday night Dairy Queen car, leave the 6, you'll get many more people stopping to look, and they really aren't bad in the around town torque department if you do some very minor stuff to 'em.

But if it's a tired paint, clapped out oil burning six with some real rust, build it how you want, it'll never be really valuable, and there is a reason why it's hard to find 6 cylinder cars today, the V8 really is a more fun power plant. YMMV.

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
save the original stuff and have at it...........you can always "restore" it at some later date..

·
Registered
609 Posts
Some cars are worth more not re-done original, this may be 1 of those. I have 1 also, a 65 Chevelle ragtop in black original old paint with a 230-6 banger glide. I'm planning to do it up with a V8 stick, IMO a way better, more valuable car than original!!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Has the car been repainted? or anything changed on it ? If its a all original 6cyl camaro with documents down to possibilly the window sticker, looks like a little gem sitting there to me and i would not change a thing on it, In my thinking its cars like this with all of the original documents that are going to hold there value in the long run. Thats just my opinion, Its your car build it as you wish, its a super great start for anything you want to do with it. Frank

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Has the car been repainted? or anything changed on it ? If its a all original 6cyl camaro with documents down to possibilly the window sticker, looks like a little gem sitting there to me and i would not change a thing on it, In my thinking its cars like this with all of the original documents that are going to hold there value in the long run. Thats just my opinion, Its your car build it as you wish, its a super great start for anything you want to do with it. Frank
I totaly agree v8 cars are everywhere a true unmessed with car w/papers means alot, few of those exsist. Dont throw one peice of paper out you find in the car put in in a box and save it to. KNOW what a build sheet looks like before you start on anything.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's been good to get the thoughts of everyone - best of all I'm not in a real hurry to complete this one yet. The 350 I'm building will drop into most anything:)
The documentation has been coming together on this car -with more possibly on the way. I've decoded the Vin & POP and varified visually and with the old owners that everything matches (rear end I still need to do but ex ower assures me it has never been changed)
I have what I believe to be the build sheet from under the carpet although too many wet winters have chewed part of it away - body/ style numbers still readable as are most all printed and some hand written markings.
I spoke to the old owner today and he had found the original horn and the missing SS caps and will trade me for the "air" horn he put in years ago...
The car was "touched up" body wise around the wheel wells and painted from the stripe on down about '83. Motor was rebuilt about 25k before it was parked and still turns over freely - numbers still match but it has a chrome valve cover with the chevrolet script on it vs the painted one they thought it had prior to the rebuild.
Interior is in good shape minus the seat bottoms which are ripped and some rear trim panels hanging slightly. Rear window tray has shag carpet and speaker brackets mounted, otherwise car is about bone stock as they come.
I loved my 68 and just about drove the wheels off it when I was a kid - the intention would be to build this and do the same - only nicer.
Thanks for the ear,
Terry

·
Registered
860 Posts
Terry it sounds like you have gotten yourself a nice little camaro,Like i said i bet its a gem, wish you the best in whatever you do with the car just most of all ENJOY it,,,Was this a norwood built car?? do you have a picture of the paper you found under the carpet? If so i would love to see it, not many have seen or found sheets from norwood cars, Frank

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Frank,
Thanks to you and all who replied. I appreciate the help and encouragement. Yes it is a Norwood built car and I'll get a pic posted asap

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
860 Posts
Terry those are interesting,, its not a body broadcast sheet,,sure Kurt, Johnz or one of the other guys from crg. might know what it is and iam sure they would like a copy of it for there database... Frank

1 - 12 of 12 Posts