Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just got my 69 running for the first time since the 80's. Rebuilt 350, using aluminum procomp heads, old crane cam, 2nd gen z28 intake and a holley 750 double pumper. My dizzy is a pertronix ignitor 2, using an accel supercoil. The car doesn't fire on a cylender until about 4500 rpm it starts popping and 4700+ it fires fine. I checked the cam didn't have any lobes shaved down, put in an old HEI distributor with new plug wires. no change. Used the new distributor with the new plug wires, no change. plugs were very black, and I put in a set of e3 diamondfire plugs, which helped minutely. I haven't looked at those yet but I suspect the carb is too big. If I stepped down to the 650 cfm on my shelf would it be likely to make a difference? What else could be causing my problem here

·
Registered
614 Posts
The car doesn't fire on a cylender until about 4500 rpm it starts popping and 4700+ it fires fine.
Not really sure what that means but since you changed the ignition it's time to look at the carb. Most of the time a 750DP is too much for a 350. If you have a good running 650 definitely try it. Is it a 650 VS or DP? What is the rest of your combo? Cam, compression, stick or auto (stall speed), rear gear?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
650 Vs. Gotta get a rebuild kit for it though. Mid 70's gaskets and everything. Not sure the specs of the cam, running approx 9.8:1 comp. Stock 350th converter, and 3.73s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts