Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a '95 Z28 with 44,000 miles. Today everytime I braked on dry pavement my "Low Trac" light would come on and the brakes would take longer to stop. There was no unusual brake noise, but right at the end of the brake cycle there was a thump and the light would come on and the car would take longer to stop. Is this a brake problem? A transmission problem? I just want to have some idea of what is up before I meet the mechanic. Thank you, Karen

·
Registered
820 Posts
your low trac light comes on when there are slippery conditions, or when the rear wheels are spinning slower than the front wheels

its a safety feature in the 4th gen.the computer controls the wheel speed when its slippery

your abs light comes on when there is a problem with the abs system

your brake light will come on when there is a problem with the brakes

either that or the ABS speed sensor is malfunctioning. unplug your battery for a few hours, then plug it back on , it resets the computer, you then need to "teach" your car what it has again , go take it for a cruise and dog the nuts off of it, for about 10 mins. full shift points and all. this will reset everything to "your" driving style.

------------------
Chris's 67 RS can be seen at http://www.geocities.com/macphreak4evr/index.html
JOIN THE CAMARO NET WEBRING! www.geocities.com/macphreak4evr/webring/webringjoin.htm !!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts