Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I got a source... I just spoke with someone from Collumns Galore. They offer a bearing that is almost perfect, it just needs a little work with a dremel tool on the plastic bearing retainer... I should have it Wednesday, I'll keep y'all posted..

Collumns Galore's Webpage

Oh yeah, It's like 25 bucks

·
Registered
522 Posts
The bearing I got from Pontiac is the same part number as the Camaro. 7806142
I got back into my 1973 Chevrolet parts/breakdown book and the 67-68 bearing is the same, we knew this.....but is the bearing the same for the tilt wheel? 69's are different. I don't know why 69 was brought up but it confused me and I looked for a 69, you are looking for a 68 right? ie 68ragtop. I will check the big book again.
BTW I paid 5.86 for the bearing and 7.74 for shipping....back in 98. They did a country wide search on thier computer and found a few in Alabama.
Be back soon.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes they are different for the tilt colums, and 67-68 are the same, and the 69 is all by itself.

Ive been told (by several sources) that no bearing exists for 67-68 tilt columns, and all you could do was to find one used. Or by lucking out in the boneyard.

The bearing i got from columns galore seems to do the trick, without the modifiacations the salesman said i'd have to make.. We'll see how it turns out when the subframe gets bolted to the rest of the car.

Enjoy the Spring!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts