Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Perhaps this is a newbie question but I can’t find the answer on a internet search so I need to ask.
I have an LS1 with a build up bottom end. I am wishing to put some aftermarket heads on it (probably AFR). My question is the bolt pattern the same as the factory heads for the intake manifold and exhaust manifold? In otherwords will any intake/exhaust manifold work with any aftermarket heads? I can’t find anything specific for saying it is or it isn’t. I am leaning towards it is the same as on the website of intake manifold manufacturers I can’t find anything thing specific about the manifold saying “will mate with edelbrock heads” or “will mount to AFR heads”. Can someone who has done this before confirm or deny my suspicions?
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
510 Posts
The LS1 and LS2 engines will have cathedral intake ports and need a matching intake. LS3 uses rectangular ports as does LS7 but they are different.

Lots of good options for LS heads including the OEM ones with some cnc porting. LS1 with smaller bore will limit your options, especially on valve sizing.

if you like AFR, you can ask them to spec a cam and recommend an intake.

I believe all exhaust ports are in the same spot. LS7 port is a little different and should get a specific header.

·
Registered
1967 Camaro | 5.3 LS | S485 Turbo
36 Posts
Make sure you understand the difference between the LS heads out there, cathedral vs rectangle port. Those use different intakes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts