Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, how much oil do these catch cans really fill up with? 6 months = 6 oz etc. ????

·
14,272 Posts
Just curious, how much oil do these catch cans really fill up with? 6 months = 6 oz etc. ????
Unless you're running big boost a CC is not needed and a waste of time and $

I ran one on my blown 2004 Corvette and didn't get an oz in a 1000 miles.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well in my experience ls motors have a bit of a reputation for pulling some oil into the intake. I run one on mine and it does pick up a bit of oil. I do drive mine hard maybe thats part of the reason. I used a moroso remote fresh air on clean side and one of their catch cans on the dirty side. Easy to do and not real expensive in the scope of things. ... Nothing ls seem to be cheap....Cheers. ( both on passenger side of engine compartment)

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Do not run a remote fresh air filter if you are running a MAF. You are adding unmetered air if you do...

Don

Reactions: DT

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Lol. No MAF... thanks though

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
I saw that. My comment was meant for Donny who has a MAF....

Don

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,649 Posts
I am running one on mine and it does collect oil. While not a lot, I end up emptying it each oil change. A couple of ounces of oil in my catch can is better than in my intake. I am running a larger than stock cam. Nowhere says you have to run one BUT, I would recommend it. That was the consensus I found when I was trying to figure it out.

·
Premium Member
1,994 Posts
I was thinking about putting one on my 2001 GMC, when I had the manifold off to change a knock sensor I was surprised how gummed up the intake getting. seems like a lot of the LS guys were using them when I googled a bit. Couldn't hurt I guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts