Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't there used to be a LS sticky in this forum? Like what all parts you needed for LS swap.. i.e. special motor mounts, gas tank etc.

Could have sworn there was ..... :confused:

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,627 Posts
Maybe in the pro-touring forum, doubt there would be something like that here...

Dennis, are you saying LS conversions are limited to PT cars? Why on earth would he post this in the general ENGINE forum (sarcasm)..........? ;-) Can't really sense sarcasm in written form (your response) so that why I am asking.

Vmabercidw, on a more serious note, if you search in this in this forum and in the EFI in your modern classic forums on here there is alot of info. You just have to search for it. You can also go to www.ls1tech.com and look in the hybrid/conversion section there are hours of reading there over this. Hope this helps.

·
Retired
26,615 Posts
Dennis, are you saying LS conversions are limited to PT cars? Why on earth would he post this in the general ENGINE forum (sarcasm)..........? ;-) Can't really sense sarcasm in written form (your response) so that why I am asking.
So you think I'm be being sarcastic but you are not sensing any sarcasm in what I posted??? No sarcasm intended on my part. The engine forum is intended for questions about mechanical things like how to install a cam, what bearings to use or more specific stuff like what part number a certain engine uses or what tork on manifold bolts... Basic engine specific stuff not, what it would take to swap an LS1 into a car... The most likely place for the information would be the PT forum and that doesn't mean the swap is only being done on PT cars! I didn't include the performance forum in my reply because it's intended for questions about what parts combos make power etc...

If you look at the forum index every forum has a short descriptive and every forum is classified in groups in order to help the poster decide what forum their question fits best. There is some grey areas and the engine or performance forum might be one for the LS1 install question. I used another clue though in giving my answer. I have never seen a sticky in the engine or performance forum. Here's the forum index... The "doubt it would be here" or what ever I said was to suggest not looking through posts here it's not likely to be here!

http://www.camaros.net/forums/index.php

1 - 5 of 5 Posts