Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I'm getting closer to firing up the LSX swap one of the items remaining is to get rad hoses. Since I'm in the middle of nowhere Canada I am wondering if anyone has any possible Chevy or equivalent parts numbers for some radiator hoses that would work with my set up. Did a search online to see if I could find anything but no luck.

·
14,272 Posts
I've got the gates #s somewhere that should work.

The top hose is easy the bottom one is tricky

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got the gates #s somewhere that should work.

The top hose is easy the bottom one is tricky
If you did have those that would be awesome, thanks John. I believe the local parts store in town can get Gates so that would be better than having to make a trip to pick some up from a dealer.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
I used a stock 68 camaro v-8 lower on mine, and a 99 tbird v-6 for the upper, sorry i don't have the numbers here at work for them. It looks like you are using the same waterpump and serp setup that i am using.

Hope that helps.

Scott

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
Upper: Gates 22373 (this is a lower hose for something like a Buick LaCrosse, but it's a great fit)

Lower: Dayco 71244 (this a lower hose for some kind of 85-95 Chevy/GMC truck)
U-Shaped return for heater delete: Gates 18743 (this has a 5/8" end and a 3/4" end, it just needs to be cut to length)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Upper: Gates 22373 (this is a lower hose for something like a Buick LaCrosse, but it's a great fit)

Lower: Dayco 71244 (this a lower hose for some kind of 85-95 Chevy/GMC truck)
U-Shaped return for heater delete: Gates 18743 (this has a 5/8" end and a 3/4" end, it just needs to be cut to length)
I used the part numbers here in post 16 of My 67 Camaro Build/Photos - LS1TECH works great with a stock style Be Cool radiator (1 1/2, 1 3/4 outlets) without any issues.
Thanks guys this is a huge help!

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Hmmm, I thought LS radiators had both the upper and lower hose outlets on the same side ??? Is this incorrect ??

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmm, I thought LS radiators had both the upper and lower hose outlets on the same side ??? Is this incorrect ??
I don't know if I know enough to say all the manufacturers that make LS swap specific radiators have the inlet and outlet ports on the passenger side, but any that I have seen are like that. My radiator however is just a universal one from flex-a-lite which wasn't even installed by me, hence no thought of the LS design, and was more concerned with the old small block coolant hose routing.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,650 Posts
I am using the corvette accessories with the corvette water pump and the hoses that I referenced earlier. I am also using a 23 inch Be Cool 67-69 Camaro radiator (big block style). Here are a couple of pictures. Here is the lower hose-

Attachments

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,650 Posts
Here is a picture of the upper hose-

Attachments

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,650 Posts
Ryan, this is from the LS1tech post listed above. Hope this helps!

A 2 hour foray @ PepBoys led me to these...upper (E)71911 & lower (D)71426CS.
No matter which of the two upper hoses were used, there was a little bending involved to make them fit, and I thought that the hose might suck closed at the bends. Another trip to Advance Auto for a hose containing a long spring. You can buy the cheapest one...the idea being that the spring is removed from THAT hose, then cut in two sections, then each section of spring worked into each bend in your new upper hose. This worked well.

·
19,900 Posts
Lower hose is the suction side....and "may" need a spring. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts