Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to do the 12" C4 brake upgrade found on David Pozzi's web site. I just discovered the C4 caliper assembly for the left side is no longer available from Cardone (part 16-4318); can get the caliper but not the bracket (basket). I already cut out the C4 1/4 inch steel brackets. On David's site is the statement,

"The info below was compiled before C5 Corvette swaps were introduced, a C5 rotor is 12" dia but wider with better venting and is highly recommended, also the LS1 and C5 calipers are better than C4. C5 and LS1 calipers should bolt to the C4 brackets below and work but I have no confirmation of this."

Has anyone tried the LS1 caliper assemply on the C4 bracket pictured on David's site to see if it works? I know the C4 setup fits 16" wheels, will the LS1 setup also fit 16" Vintage Wheel Works V45 wheels? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hi Hugger67 :)
talk to the guys at carquest parts store about the bracket (basket).
the guys hear (think) they can get them.
And the ( LS1 caliper assembly) the caliper is the same just different spot to mount the brake line.
The c4 will work with some 16" rims http://www.baer.com/Baer_tech/templates/D082E.PDF

hear a Fitment Template for Baer Sports brakes its the same thing.

c4 and c5 I don't think they can bolt in place of each other
talk to the guys at Speed Tech 888-467-1625 he know a lot about c4 and c5

Ive done 14 of the c4 now everybody doing the c5 with 18" rims and C5 brakes.

for the cost I would do the C5 too. :)

Larry

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Larry,

I had all the parts ordered from Rockauto and received notice from them Cardone was not carrying the part anymore. I then called the local guys (Autozone, CarQuest, Checker, NAPA, Parts Plus and PepBoys ) and each gave the same story, caliper is available, but not with the mounting bracket.:( I may still try to find one on ebay or a vette site, but I'm now thinking the LS1 may be the way to go since parts are easy to get.

That gets me back to the questions:

1. Anyone know if an LS1 caliper will fit the C4 1/4 flat steel bracket?
2. Is there something about the 12" LS1 caliper/rotor that would make it NOT fit a wheel that works with the 12" C4 caliper/rotor combination?

Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts