Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone slap one of these babies on an LS3 yet? I am sure like everything else the unit is one cost. All the pulleys, bells and whistles will be a big additional cost.

Seems like some cheap HP. 100-150 HP increase estimate from what I have read.

Apparantly GM part # 12625145 is the smaller version
12625144 is the larger.

PS, my Dyno numbers on my L92 are only coming in a little over 400HP to the rear wheel so I am a little disappointed so far as it sits.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Hey, I've been following your build since I am in the process of putting an L92 in my 69.
What kind of HP were you expecting? A little over 400 at the rear wheels through an automatic transmission sounds good to me - that would be 475-500 at the flywheel.

I am considering a blower for my build as well - probably a Magnacharger.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was reading 475-500hp at the rear wheel on "another LS board." The guy had put up Dyno chart and numbers which he claimed where NOT flywheel numbers but rather rear wheel.

Live and learn.

In either case, I still see the procharger as cheap HP if I build it right.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I was reading 475-500hp at the rear wheel on "another LS board." The guy had put up Dyno chart and numbers which he claimed where NOT flywheel numbers but rather rear wheel.

Live and learn.

In either case, I still see the procharger as cheap HP if I build it right.
Your killing me....I am getting ready to do a conversion and I am struggling the the horsepower demons.....

·
Super Moderator
32,797 Posts
Nothing to be disappointed about having 400HP at the rear wheels from a LS stock block.
Stock engines, I have read, can handle up to 6/7 PSI of boost.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I went to the gm performance parts site and couldn't find these numbers. Could someone provide a link for me?
Sorry for being a pain.
Scott

·
Super Moderator
32,797 Posts
Congrats for the power made, but "Oh no," for the torched bearing. Big OUCH!
I would say too much drag for the h/balancer. I would have thought the h/bal manf would have designed a safety feature into the balancer. Yes, in case of breakage, the parts remain on the pulley assembly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts