Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Team, I am thinking about installing a LS6 in my 69 camaro has anyone done this? and what am I getting myself into besides a neck snapping motor that will slient all those mustang... thanks ed

·
Registered
934 Posts
I've done the LS1/T56 conversion to my 69. If your going to do it right, it can be a little expensive, but well worth all the effort involved.

Things to note:

~Custom (or modified) oil pan
~Custom (or modified) wire harness
~EFI fuel tank
~Custom headers ($$$$$$$)
~Custom motor mount plates
~Custom cross member for trans
~Custom length driveshaft
~Master cyl bracket (manual trans)

All of this stuff can be purchased thru several different vendors that have ads on this site.

I can tell you that the LSX motor has been the one single best modification I have done thus so far PERIOD. A simple cam change, a custom tune....and get 350 horses to the wheels and still get 27mpg on the highway??? No question about it.

I'd say go for it man!

~Joe

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,351 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Don't mean to sound like an idiot but do you mean an LS6 454 chevy big block from the early 70s or a new gen. small block?

Dan E.
69 SS396 4spd. 4.11 posi. x66 coupe

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no newLS6 less then 500 miles on it spec say it weight is like 450lbs all alum. got the motor out of 2005 vette that crashed... paid like 500 dollars for it

·
Registered
247 Posts
no newLS6 less then 500 miles on it spec say it weight is like 450lbs all alum. got the motor out of 2005 vette that crashed... paid like 500 dollars for it
The LS6 motor was only available in the 2001-2004 Z06 Corvette and a few year Cadillac CTS-Vs. In 2005, The LS6 was dropped for the LS2 in the standard Vette and the Z06 got the LS7 in 2006.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts