Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally have a finished tune and a new motor back in action. Long time in coming.

I went LSX so I can procharge it later. Currently 400RWHP with the tune. Its still coming along.

I have some front coil overs coming then its time to drive the darn thing for a while.

Thanks again for all the help guys.

See link for pics.

·
19,998 Posts
I'll be doing the swap in about 6 months or so (wife already gave the go ahead :hurray: )

So, I may have already asked :eek: ... but what motormounts,oil pan and headers did you use ?
I want to keep the tranny (th350) and converter in their stock location also.

I've asked a few already and they all said a different brand...but I like asking someone with the same car that has done the swap.

Thanks

Congrats :D :beers: 400RWHP....nothing to sneeze at :noway:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Retro LSX oil pan ( I think he sold rights to Edelbrock?)
Hooker headers (LS conversion)
+ or - 1" motor mount plates from Nook and tranny in SW florida (also on Ebay I think).
I would couple the above with energy suspension motor mounts.

Everyone has their own preferences but this is what worked for me.

PS, go for a stock front accessory package, say Corvette set up to save some space. I piece mealed mine and it cost too much in mods.

Also, check the kickdown on that tranny if you plan on electronic throttle. Might be an issue.

·
19,998 Posts
Thanks... this will be a carbed LS3 so I think the detent cable will be OK ? (shooting for 550+ FWHP)

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'll be doing the swap in about 6 months or so (wife already gave the go ahead :hurray: )

So, I may have already asked :eek: ... but what motormounts,oil pan and headers did you use ?
I want to keep the tranny (th350) and converter in their stock location also.

I've asked a few already and they all said a different brand...but I like asking someone with the same car that has done the swap.

Thanks

Congrats :D :beers: 400RWHP....nothing to sneeze at :noway:

68Prob..congrats on getting your red baby back on the road! I've followed your build and it looks awesome...

Doug,
I used the following in my '68 'vert:

DSE LSx motor mounts
DynaTech LSx headers
Mast Motorsports LSx First Gen Oil pan

All worked well together and gave me plenty of room for the motor. just look at my build link (up in the four hundreds pics) for how they work.

Good luck!

TC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts