Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Camaro Convertible 250 to a LS3 Engine Swap
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kinda like the raw look of the exposed coils but does anyone have pictures of what covers they may have used?

These look good but I don't have anything on the car from Edelbrock.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
I kinda like the raw look of the exposed coils but does anyone have pictures of what covers they may have used?

These look good but I don't have anything on the car from Edelbrock.

Those do look good but I would worry about trapping the heat around those coils ?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I am kind of partial to these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Classic-Co...ers-for-LS1-Engines-Made-in-USA-/253550870598

I am just surprised no one makes a BBC look alike cover to really confuse the ball cap on backwards crowd at a car show. Wouldn't take a lot of fabricating skills to cut up and mount an old pair of stamped fly weight aluminum Morroso tall BBC covers to fit the shorter head.

OK I'll auto correct myself since I found these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Holley-242-1-LS-COIL-COVERS-BBC-REPLICA-CONVERSION-COVER-/163498089553

Big Dave

·
Registered
886 Posts
I am kind of partial to these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Classic-Co...ers-for-LS1-Engines-Made-in-USA-/253550870598

I am just surprised no one makes a BBC look alike cover to really confuse the ball cap on backwards crowd at a car show. Wouldn't take a lot of fabricating skills to cut up and mount an old pair of stamped fly weight aluminum Morroso tall BBC covers to fit the shorter head.

OK I'll auto correct myself since I found these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Holley-242-1-LS-COIL-COVERS-BBC-REPLICA-CONVERSION-COVER-/163498089553

Big Dave
I get at least half a dozen confused looks and watch people mouth "376?" at every car show. Most shows someone will actually approach me and ask what that's supposed to mean. :smile2:

·
14,482 Posts
Another tight spot for covers is the wiper motor.

·
14,482 Posts
The Claytons look nice. Haven't seen them before.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Not sure these will clear a high mount alternator.

They don't protrude any further than the valve covers, you think a manufacturer isn't going to check compatibility with all different front drives before making them available to the masses?

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
They don't protrude any further than the valve covers, you think a manufacturer isn't going to check compatibility with all different front drives before making them available to the masses?
Easy Simon, I recommend you do your homework. (look at that high mount alternator in the pic)

Description
With or without oil fill hole machined into cover
Elegantly hides LS coil packs
Fits GM LS engines utilizing existing coil bracket mounting points
Designed to fit LS crate motors and will not clear factory high mount alternators (such as those found on Corvettes) unless a cutout is fabricated or aftermarket alternator and brackets are used.
Best suited for aftermarket serpentine pulley systems
Machined from 6063-T6 aluminum
Black powdercoat finish or raw mill finish
Can be used with relocated coil packs for a lower profile appearance
Dimensions: 19.5″ x 5″

Attachments

·
Registered
637 Posts
Easy Simon, I recommend you do your homework. (look at that high mount alternator in the pic)

Description
With or without oil fill hole machined into cover
Elegantly hides LS coil packs
Fits GM LS engines utilizing existing coil bracket mounting points
Designed to fit LS crate motors and will not clear factory high mount alternators (such as those found on Corvettes) unless a cutout is fabricated or aftermarket alternator and brackets are used.
Best suited for aftermarket serpentine pulley systems
Machined from 6063-T6 aluminum
Black powdercoat finish or raw mill finish
Can be used with relocated coil packs for a lower profile appearance
Dimensions: 19.5″ x 5″

Donny, thanks for the schooling on the high alt. mount, I myself are using the low mount.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts