Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '94 Z28 with a factory LT1 350. I replaced the water pump and now my low coolant light comes on after about 20 minutes everytime. The light comes on even when the coolant is over-full. My car doesn't over-heat but I am loosing coolant. I know the LT1 uses a closed system and have tried bleeding the system but only antifreeze comes out, no air. Does anyone know what could cause this?

------------------
'94 Z28 Convertible Factory LT1

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am currently experiencing the same problem. I first noticed coolant leaking onto the belts because I couldn't steer while sitting idle. I change the water pump about 3 years ago and I can't believe it's going out again. I had to change a raditor hose last month and it worked fine, but now this mysterious leak. I just don't want to believe it's the water pump again. Pretty expensive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think my radiator is overflowing my reservoir. I replaced the thermostat when I replaced to pump. I'm wondering if it might be my low coolant sensor? Does it have anything to do with the way the coolant is circulated?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I read about this problem on the F-body forum a while back, if memory serves it's due to a bad sensor. I was going to do a search there for you and try to find the thread but the site is down right now.
http://65.28.120.54/forum.cgi

Good luck,
Robert.

------------------
68 Base Coupe, 327/210hp with TH400
99 Silverado

1 - 4 of 4 Posts