Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Camaro SS/RS, 454 BB 4 speed, 3.73 Posi, new paint, motor mods , trans and diff assembly. 2" Drop
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, I could use some advice. I removed my engine and trans and thought I'd pop the side cover off to have a look at the condition of the internals. So of course I heard pop pop and the fork pins popped out of the "combs". Does anyone know which one of the 3 detents for each fork the pin goes in? Thanks.

·
Registered
112 Posts
It doesn't really matter. Just pop them in one and move it to match up whatever gear the trans is in. If in neutral they will be in the center detent.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
You must put the transmission in 2nd gear when removing and installing the cover. You also must put the forks in the 2nd gear position. The front fork (3rd 4th) will go in the center detent (neutral) and the rear one (1st 2nd) will go in the front detent (2nd).

·
Premium Member
68 Camaro SS/RS, 454 BB 4 speed, 3.73 Posi, new paint, motor mods , trans and diff assembly. 2" Drop
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks. Actually I dont know what gear it was in when I took cover off. It was in second the other day when I removed the trans bc I had to clear the hole in floor. It was in a gear bc when I rotated the input, the output shaft did turn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts