Team Camaro Tech banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
It should not be real noticeable at idle. If u have a blower type idle sound something is wrong.
You may be able hear it. Especially if one gear is new and the cluster is not. They don’t always mesh as quiet once new meets used.

·
Registered
1968 Camaro SS Clone
829 Posts
If it really sounds like a blower, then a gear drive cam is very likely. So, instead of speculating, why not just ask the seller?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If it really sounds like a blower, then a gear drive cam is very likely. So, instead of speculating, why not just ask the seller?
Seller doesn't know. I have a couple things to sort out ahead of this issue, but this post started my research and has pointed me to some good sources for info. These trannys are very inexpensive to overhaul, so that is on the table... just takes time.

·
Registered
1968 Camaro SS Clone
829 Posts
Seller doesn't know. I have a couple things to sort out ahead of this issue, but this post started my research and has pointed me to some good sources for info. These trannys are very inexpensive to overhaul, so that is on the table... just takes time.
Is this the same car with the BPE 383 from your other thread? If so, that engine did not come with a gear drive.

Reactions: ridesdirt
21 - 26 of 26 Posts