Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took apart my 327 that i bought a while ago and was slightly disopointed when i took off the heads. 7 of the clylinders looked fine, but the one was a little bit messed up. my money supply keeps on dwindling down because of hidden costs like this one...what do you think the bare minimum for work would be? im guessing ill need boring & honing, new pistons, and rings. what can i expect to spend on each? any other recomendations?

if i do get new pistons and rings, what should i be getting or looking for? just like a cruiser around town, no racing

·
Banned
938 Posts
i took apart my 327 that i bought a while ago and was slightly disopointed when i took off the heads. 7 of the clylinders looked fine, but the one was a little bit messed up. my money supply keeps on dwindling down because of hidden costs like this one...what do you think the bare minimum for work would be? im guessing ill need boring & honing, new pistons, and rings. what can i expect to spend on each? any other recomendations?

if i do get new pistons and rings, what should i be getting or looking for? just like a cruiser around town, no racing
We machined a 327 block a few months ago and we striped the block cleaned. mag, line honed with ARP main bolt kit, decked, Bored and plate honed, cam bearings and freeze plugs installed was 595.00

Pistons, moly rings, rods and mains, cam bearings, oil pump, double roller timing set, feeze plugs and gaskets I believe was 220.00

Resize the rods was 16.00 each.
Grind crank was 125.00
Hang pistons was 50.00
Balance rotator 125.00
Hone pin bore in pistons was 40.00

Hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts