Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
hey doug u aint presser washing that rear today with all this snow. Keep up the good work. U working on mine next right?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
glad I did it yesterday -- I thought we were supposed to get rain -- I'm looking out my window at there's at least 3-4 inches of snow and they're calling for more --- hmmmm, looks like a cigar and a beer while I watch the Caps game in the garage
I hear that. We are getting same down here. Just waiting for the race to come on.

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! Yer really kicking butt on it Doug. You keep this up and it should be ready by then!
When do you want me to haul mine down to you? ;)
Thanks -- hmmm between you, Matts01es, MD88IROC, and a couple of other guys wanting services, my buddys and I could be busy for the rest of the year and I wouldn't have any time to drive mine once its finished ;) --- heck, it may even cut into my beer drinking time :beers: --- can't have that happen!! :D

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
dang nice job there Doug... might have to import you here for some chores :) :beers: I remembered today while shoveling that my old TH350 was still in the back end of the Tahoe...yikes what a mess...tranny fluid all over the cardboard and a piece of throw carpet I kept in the back, and some got into the actual tan carpet of the Tahoe too. ewwwww :(

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dang nice job there Doug... might have to import you here for some chores :) :beers: I remembered today while shoveling that my old TH350 was still in the back end of the Tahoe...yikes what a mess...tranny fluid all over the cardboard and a piece of throw carpet I kept in the back, and some got into the actual tan carpet of the Tahoe too. ewwwww :(
Thanks Jim ---- hope you can get the Tahoe cleaned up before Mrs. Click finds out :)

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Nice! Are you happy with the repro door fitment? Mine are a bit tired.

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice! Are you happy with the repro door fitment? Mine are a bit tired.
RickD -- the repro doors seemed to fit just fine, however, I did have two issues. The first was that the quarter panel was bowed out a little and you couldn't tell until the door was hung. We had to make a cut in the quarter and "massge" the metal back down so it aligned properly. That's what my buddy is doing in the picture above.

The second issue was that the spot weld which holds the top part of the door skin to the door frame was missing. The top part of the door where you would mount a mirror could be moved back and forth fairly easily. We welded it together on the inside to fix it.

Other than that the doors look like they are going to be OK :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts