Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I just recently purchase a 1994 camaro with over 200,000 miles. I driving it around town & live about 15mins. away from town , when I was looking down & saw my oil pressure gauge was down to 20. I know that low, he put 4 qts of Castrol high mileage & a bottle of Lucas oil treatment in it & said that was cause by thinning of the oil , Question? If i put a heavier type of oil like 20W-50 would the oil pressure go up? Got the camaro for my son for graduation . Nothing is wrong with it accept that. Can anyone give advise on maintaining for another 100,000 miles?

·
Super Moderator
32,472 Posts
If it's going on 200K miles, re-use the same brand of oil previous owner used at the next oil change, no sense in changing it now.
Add a can of GM's EOS, use an AC/Delco filter - can be gotten from Wally-Mart pretty cheap, make sure all the front shrouds, those under the radiator, are in place and have no broken pieces.

Twenty PSI of pressure is going to be normal, considering the mileage. The indication is telling you you have alot of oil flow due to the wear in the bearings - nothing wrong. Restriction to flow makes pressure, just like your thumb on the end of the garden hose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts