Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think almost everyone can agree that the look of the 1969 RS headlights were pretty nice, however I liked the sunken look of the head lights when theye were open even more. Does anyone know or has anyone actually put "fake" RS lighting on a non-RS car and have them open all the time so they get that sunken look. Because of this you wouldnt need all the vacuum and etc. correct? All you would need is the grill and the housing for the headlights? I know this sounds radical but any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
You can buy the brackets that weld to the fender so the RS headlight buckets and doors can be installed.

As long as your leaving them open all of the time thats all that you would need to buy (+ the grill and upper and lower molding. Plus the turn signals would need to be moved somewhere, which means you would need to buy RS turn signal lights and the lower panel. Can't think of anything else needed.

Check classic industries catalog for $30 bucks
they sell you the pair of brackets so you don't have to buy an RS fender.

Doug
68 RS/SS Conv

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
I have a sport coupe that I added the RS grille to. I don't have the actuators or vacuum plumbing. Instead, I manually close and open the doors as I please. (I don't like how they look open and don't drive much at night!!)

The doors pivot on the bucket assemblies and have an "over center mechanism". This means that if the doors are in either the open or closed position, they will be held in that direction by the over center spring regardless of whether or not you have the actuators installed.

I added all the parts mentioned above except that I when I was restoring the body, I went with the complete RS fenders. The adapter brackets bolt to the fenders, no welding is required. You will need the complete "Headlight bucket" assemblies so the lights will end up recessed where you want them. Unless you can find a good used setup, it's hard to beat the price of the resto systems from Rick's, Year One, etc....

Paul D.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts