Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am planning on building a custom center console for my 67 camaro that fits better and that looks better. i seen people make them out a type of wood then cover it with fiberglass resin.. i and planing on using a rotor zip what is need to put it together and how. also how to stick it all together... thanx

·
Registered
967 Posts
I built a couple of these and found a 3/4" hardwood works well. Home Depot and Lowes carries it. I used a skil saw,jig saw, and a small finish nailer helped assembled it. I have them upolstered so I cant help with the fiberglass. Use cardboard to mock up a template.
Keep in mind carpet thickness, shifter height,ect if its not in the car already. Brent Jacksons console gave me the wood idea and its in this link.
http://www.camaros.net/forum/ultimatebb.php/topic/14/1617.html#000000

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that looks hella hella nice..i work at a hardware store so i have pretty good acess to the tools and parts..i was just wonder if you had some more pic of the console.. and also what is the center peace made out of because i am not sure that the wood could flex upward..thanks for you help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts