Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ever since I owned my 69 there always has been a little vibration at 60+ Nothing that was that big of deal....I just thought these older cars shimmied and vibrated a little at high speed. So last weekend coming home from a show, I got up to 80 on the on ramp and it was vibrating pretty bad, even in the steering wheel. So I decided to swing into Bob Sumerel tire and have them check all 4 tires since I haven't done that since owning the car. Well, all of them were WAY out. They dialed them in and I took her for a test drive on the highway and got up to 85.......ROCK solid now and NO vibration!!! It drives like a totally different car now!!! Just wanted to mention that for two reasons....one, I am REALLY happy now and two, if you are having vibration issues, double check the tires...might be an easy fix like mine...$45 later and I am good to go!!!! :hurray:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They balanced them on a Hunter Road force balancer, but didn't use the road force part of it. The guy doing it just tweaked and moved the weight around until it read 0 on every tire. Worked like a charm!

Now I just hope it doesn't rain tomorrow so I can take the car to a show I've been looking forward to attending. Fingers crossed!! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts