Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Retired
16,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man this really sucks. I had appointment today with my mechanic to replace my wiggly steering gear box, install GM distributor with 'no points' guts, and redo the carb. which has been loading up alot. He called last night and said 'maybe you better not drive that over here'... he was so right. We are at 10" of new snow on our picnic table next to the front door, at 6pm, and its still coming down. YUCK
Now Darrel and the folks in Wyoming and Montana can wish they were here :hurray:

·
Registered
559 Posts
We're supposed to get some at the end of the week, hopefully not that much though. I'm officially out of smowmobiling mode for the year and into Camaro mode.

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Yeah, this weather is something. It was 80 here today, and Saturday the low is forecast for 19. :mad: At least the grass will stop growing for a few days!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Not to rub anything in, but I am running my ac in my house already, the leaves a completely green...I think it is about 85 today! I grew up in Kansas and there is no way I could ever live where winter lasted more then 2 weeks! I hope that is melts soon enough for you........

·
Registered
171 Posts
The wife and I jumped in the pool for the first time this year today. :cool: We lived up north, out west and Germany for most of our life, you can keep the snow and cold, we will take the heat anytime. Jim, just look on the bright side of it........... I cant find one either. :(

·
Registered
300 Posts
Jim, it won't lay around long after it stops snowing. It's been almost a week since it blew through here closing roads everywhere. Now here close to town the only areas that are still white are where the big drifts were. Had fun with the snowmachines sunday up in the mts. though!!

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Jim we got an inch monday morn here in everett 35 miles north of Seattle,last time was almost 20 yrs. ago tomorrow suppost to be 70 deg. Happy Motoring

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Maybe some Lt snow hear today, its a bummer if they use salt cause then we have to wait till it rains a few times till we can drive. That could be a few more weeks. I was in orlando for spring break of course it was 70s 80s back home while we were their, now that we are back its snowing. I was looking forward to a ride when I got back. Good side to it for me is I was also about to pull my gear box and install a third gen. spool valve and toretion rod. Ask Jim M. I need it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I think I'm supposed to get the snow that you just got Jim. The pisser is that its been 45-50 for the past week and the ground is VERY soft and muddy. If we get too much, it'll be impossible to plow without tearing up the roads and lawns.

·
Retired
16,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just finished blowing all that white junk so the garbage truck could make his pickup. It was wet and sticky but my new Tecumseha 7HP engine really worked great. It was so much quieter than the 34 year old one that blew up during the last storm.

John and Darell you guys sure enjoy this white stuff, tell ya what next time, keep it there :)

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
I see snow out my window now in Chi-town. We are not expecting any accumulation. It's windy as all hell though. There are wind advisories until later this evening. It's 28 degrees out here. It was 70 degrees yesterday!!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I see snow out my window now in Chi-town. We are not expecting any accumulation. It's windy as all hell though. There are wind advisories until later this evening. It's 28 degrees out here. It was 70 degrees yesterday!!
Could be why they call it the "windy" cit y??? :clonk:
Sorry couldn't resist that one. :boxing:

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
Could be why they call it the "windy" cit y??? :clonk:
Sorry couldn't resist that one. :boxing:
Actually, it got that nickname because of the politicians....:yes:

It was very windy here last night and is still pretty blowy out there. The overnight low of 18 degrees was great for the flowers that WERE coming up by the house. I don't imagine they will survive this cold spell. All we got for snow was flurries that barely covered the ground, Jim. Glad the new snow thrower worked good for ya ...:thumbsup: We might get to drive the cars later this month..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I know I just have a warped sense of humor, and a great need to share it. :D Luckily so far all I've seen is an occasional snow flack in the air from time to time.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts