Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I think Summit Racing Equipment has a 2-1/4" system made by Borla that is specifically for the convertibles. A kit for a hardtop won't work because of the x-brace on the conv. That kit is for headers though.

------------------
Jeff H - 93 Indy 500 Pace Car(supercharged) & driven daily, Hugger Orange 69 Z28 with JL8 brakes, cross-ram & GM fiberglass hood, TI setup, heater and radio delete, being restored

·
Registered
278 Posts
or you can get the flowmaster system. thats what i have and it fits great. if you have a convertible take the x-brace off and get a set of bolt on subframe connectors for $100. itll be stiffer than w/ the x brace and you wont have to worry about a special exhaust.

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
You can also shim the X-brace down so there's clearance.

------------------
Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv,355,M20,4.10's and I don't worry about stone chips.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I just put in the 2 & 1/2'' flowmaster system on my '68 coupe last summer. Went in great, sounds great, noticible performance difference (from stock). Best part was that it was pretty cheap at Summit.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the help! i have 2 chamber flowmasters in now. im going to be installing hooker headers from jet hot soon and i need pipes fom the collectors to the mufflers. i want a crossover in the pipe. my car has both frame connectors and the original "x" brace or spider as i heard it called. ill try flowmasters website and see what they have!

john

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
I ordered the Flowmaster 2-1/2" aluminized tailpipes from Summit @ $99. The portion from the header collectors to the mufflers isn't to difficult to fabricate by a muffler shop using aluminized pipe.

------------------
Our affair with Camaros is a live sentence without the possibility of parole. www.geocities.com/c68ss http://home.coqui.net/borench

·
Registered
84 Posts
Another option would be Torque Tech, in Georgia. I ordered their 3.5 inch system and am quite happy with it. They make several sizes and configurations, all mandrel bent. You can find their ad in the back of most car mags.

------------------
My 69

·
Registered
503 Posts
I installed a Torque Tech system on a friends 67 I was impressed at the quality and fit. I am going to order there system for My 68 when the time comes.....Billy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts