Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I current have manual front disc/rear drum brakes on my '69 Camaro. I was just curious, could I just add a Delco style booster, brackets, etc and mount the MC to the booster? I know I will need to adjust and possibly make some new hard lines due to line lock installed by the PO. Would my MC simply just not work with a booster and I have to buy a power MC? I have included a picture of the MC on my car.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Manual brake MC has a smaller bore diameter than a power brake MC.You may have to much pedal travel once you install the Manual unit on the booster.

·
10,142 Posts
Make sure what bore size you have. Manual discs were not an option in 69, so yours must have been converted. No telling what you have now. You should have a 1" bore, if you have the 1 1/8" bore, then pedal effort will be very high and a 1" bore may make you happy with your brakes.

The proper manual master cyl will have a deep hole to retain the pushrod from falling out. Brake boosters have two lengths of pushrods a long and a short. Many replacement boosters from MBM come with both rods, those at your local parts house will not.
David

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will pop the MC off one day next week and take a look. The car was originally a 307 car so I am sure it had manual drums all the way around and was converted to front discs at some point in its life. David, what does MBM stand for?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts