Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at putting the March serpentine system on my 396. The conversion kit I am considering is the mch-23020 (performance) or mch-23050 (higher water flow). Difference being in pulley sizes and probably a couple of bucks. Part of me leans to the extra power, which might be minimal, and the other leans to keeping the car running cooler (not sure what that difference is). I also have checked out the pulleys (mch-7630 w/616 p/s for performance) or (7330 w/623 p/s for higher flow) themselves and the savings is about 200 bucks less as the brackets are not included. Has anyone, I am sure there are, done this conversion and are content with the results.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Evaluations I've seen on Performance ratio pulleys show the power gain is minimal and normally peaks way up high in the RPM range (over 6000) which most mild big blocks don't see that often without floating the valves.

Tim

·
Registered
521 Posts
Forgot to mention...I'm running the March 20570 Serpentine system on my 396. In spite of my comments above, it is the performance ratio.....I figured what the heck. I'm installing a Be Cool radiator and will use my current Flexalite fan.
I like it a lot... and will be moving it to my ZZ502 currently sitting in my garage waiting for the rest of my drive train to show up for a swap out in my 68. Although my driving has been limited to short jaunts around town, I have not experienced any overheating issues with the 396, the electric fan a standard BB radiator and this pulley set-up.
Tim

·
Registered
452 Posts
I got the March Serpentine performance set up on the 69 Chevelle 502/502 with Griffin Rad and Electric fan no overheating at all stays at 180 even during summer and running a 3500 stall convertor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts