Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a newer style marine long block assy,350(mercruser tag on the side of the block) i know its a newer design because it has a factoy roller cam setup looking at the lifter plates, are the internals worth saving?(rods,crank,harmonic balancer) would they cross over for automotive use in a car 350 block? it is not a 4 bolt main or anything,the block was used in salt water and the original heads where unusable according to the machine shop,beacause of the salt water use,so the blocks toast but the internals could be still usable, the engine was't blown just ran like crap cause of the heads going bad,
any thoughts.
thx scott

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
My boat started life with two of those...my rods have traveled from motor to motor. The crank should work in another setup..I have one in a box as well. Cast (not forged?)..question is whadda ya use it for :). I would keep the flywheel too..assuming its one piece main with externally bal flywheel.

Odd the marine heads I had match the marine intake..but the angle is wrong to mix and match the old style GM setups...finally tossed the heads.

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
And it might be reverse rotation. That's a problem.
It's a well used boat engine. It needs to turn into a mooring anchor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts