Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
14,453 Posts
He built that car in 1998

·
19,993 Posts
$2700 for a rust free running driving 69 Camaro....those days are looooong gone.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Here we go - watch the rapid rise in 'patina pro tourers' showing up in your neighborhood.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Here we go - watch the rapid rise in 'patina pro tourers' showing up in your neighborhood.

Not me ... never been a fan of patina ... although it would have saved me a TON of $$$ :grin2:
Cheers
Steve

·
Premium Member
1,979 Posts
X2 lol

·
Registered
208 Posts
Not me ... never been a fan of patina ... although it would have saved me a TON of $$$ :grin2:
Cheers
Steve
I like the patina look on lots of the real old metal such as 30s 40s or 50s rides, but even then sometimes it's a miss for me.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I like the patina look on lots of the real old metal such as 30s 40s or 50s rides, but even then sometimes it's a miss for me.
Actually Shawn, your right ... on the old 50's trucks it works and I get the total 'sleeper' look
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sorry I'm well over the "Patina" thing. Make it look nice. I'm helping a friend build a 67 RS. He wanted to "murder it out" in flat black. I made. It clear he should pick a nice color and paint it. He would get tired of hearing people saying "nice car, what color are you going to paint it". He eventually saw my point

·
14,453 Posts
If you read the article Mark is saying that this is basically a race car that gets trashed by rocks and other debris. Therefore no reason to spend big $ on a nice paint job.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
If you read the article Mark is saying that this is basically a race car that gets trashed by rocks and other debris. Therefore no reason to spend big $ on a nice paint job.
I read that, but the article also said Stielow was determined to find a car with original paint, so it wasn't just a simple case of any old tired paint job would do, to avoid damage to a new paint job.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts