Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I am in the process of upgrading to Mark's "New Stuff" system and looking for some ideas on where to mount the following:

- Terminal Block on the firewall
- Relays for the headlights
- Remote starter solenoid (battery is in stock location)

Ideally I would like all the hardware not to be in plain view. Tucked away but still accessible.

Thanks for any suggestions!

1969 SS396 X-22

·
Premium Member
12,507 Posts
I have never seen one of these kits installed but by the description on the webpage I would think the headlight relays are best on the radiator shroud by the Horn Relay/Main Bus. Maybe the best location for the terminal block is next to the trim-tag where vehicles with power top/windows mounted the circuit breaker. Remote starter on the pass side fender skirt or firewall above the heater box?

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
How do you remove the solenoid from a GM starter and mount it somewhere else?

·
Registered
711 Posts
"How do you remove the solenoid from a GM starter and mount it somewhere else?"

You don't, you end up adding ANOTHER relay that will make problems, and keep the one that should have been cooled off correctly in the first place, on the starter.

·
16,402 Posts
You add a solenoid if you are doing a battery in the truck. The terminal block basically does the same thing as the buss on the horn relay.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am upgrading to a 12SI so that will free up some space where the current voltage regulator is. Would be a good spot for the headlight relays.

@69-Pace - Is that power top/windows mounted the circuit breaker you referred to in the assembly manual? I do see some dimples near my trim tag that might be for mounting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.