Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any reason for a mass air to go out with in a couple of months. Before I go and replace another MAF sensor I would like to know the reason if any it would go out so soon. Also is there any after market MAF sensors for a 89' tpi system.

Thanks for any suggestions

·
Registered
219 Posts
When you replaced the old one, did you remove the screens from the new one to improve flow? That will ruin a MAF if you have any foreign objects contact the sensor wire.

I haven't bought one yet, but I've seen lots of posts about a Wells Mfg MAF sensor, PN# SU-145. Supposed to use a thick film sensor rather than a resistance wire like the OEM Bosch unit. They're around $170 and can be bought from different distributors. A good place to start would be World Discounts at 1-888-288-6728.
The Wells unit supposed to flow around 700cfm where as the stock Bosch unit flows around 550cfm.
http://www.wellsmfgcorp.com/

------------------
67 Camaro LS6 454/TH400/12bolt 3.73
1989 TransAm 5.7L WS6 W/all the options

·
Registered
252 Posts
There is a deal called a MAF burn off relay that sometimes goes bad. It is supposed to heat up the sensor wire for a few seconds after shutdown to refresh the sensor. I'm no expert on this for sure but it might be worth looking into.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts