Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1982 Camaro 350CI with TPI,mass airflow sensor. It runs so rich it stalls and the fumes burn the eyes. The engine light flashes me a code 15 I wonder if that is where i should be looking? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Code 15 is "coolant sensor, low temp fault". Without knowing more of what the car is doing and when, I'd suggest replace the coolant sensor, clear the ecm & try from there.

------------------
67 Camaro LS6 454/TH400/12bolt 3.73
1989 TransAm 5.7L WS6 W/all the options

·
Registered
252 Posts
82 or 92? First thing I'd try is to unplug the coolant sensor and replug. Maybe it is slightly corroded, not unusual. Look for the sensor in a cooling water jacket with black and white (slightly yellow?) wires. Front middle of intake just above water pump.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wade2000:
I have a 1982 Camaro 350CI with TPI,mass airflow sensor. It runs so rich it stalls and the fumes burn the eyes. The engine light flashes me a code 15 I wonder if that is where i should be looking? Any help would be appreciated. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you. I checked the coolant sensor plug in and found that it had come off I feel kind of stupid that I missed looking at that. I plugged it in and all is fine. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cardude:
Code 15 is "coolant sensor, low temp fault". Without knowing more of what the car is doing and when, I'd suggest replace the coolant sensor, clear the ecm & try from there.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I looked at the coolant sensor plug-in
and it had come off somehow, so I plugged it back in and it runs fine. I feel stupid having overlooked it in the first place. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I now have codes 22 & 33 & 15 it is hard starting, I have to floor it to start it. 350ci TPI, any help would be appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts