Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 68 power drum brake m/c, is there supposed to to be a boot covering the rear part that enters the booster? On the old one, and new one there isn't but pictures I have seen shows one.

I bench bled until I got no air bubble. I put it back on the car and now have hardly any brakes. The dist block ect was never taken apart etc. I do however have signs of slight leakage at the mounting portion that enters the booster hence the boot question. Maybe I have a bad rebuilt MC.

So now we have a cruise in this evening and I have no brakes.....! First day of good weather in a month!

-Craig

·
10,144 Posts
Re: Master Cylinder Boot PLUS Bleeding Wows

There is a plastic tube that allows clean air from the interoir to enter the booster.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Yes, there's a rubber disc that goes in the recess at the back of the m/c and that the pushrod/shaft. I think its function is to help keep booster vacuum from being applied to the shaft seal of the m/c and possibly causing a leak.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I'll call in the morning and try to find one. Got the bleeding issue resolved. Bench bleeding didn't wok on on the car did.

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
Yes, there's a rubber disc that goes in the recess at the back of the m/c and that the pushrod/shaft. I think its function is to help keep booster vacuum from being applied to the shaft seal of the m/c and possibly causing a leak.
Should a remanned MC/PB combo come with that rubber disc? I don't recall seeing one on either of the 2 that I have gotten from AZ and both MCs started leaking back into the PB.

Also is there supposed to be a rubber boot around the shaft inside of the car? I was looking at the instructions that came with the combo I ordered today and it says I need to reuse the original rubber boot but it has no pics so I'm not sure what they were referring to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts