Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1967 Camaro with a build date of 08E of 1966. I have the original engine, transmission and rear end, but someone put 4-wheel disc brakes on the car. I was able to replace everything on the brake system except the master cylinder. I am looking for a master cylinder with the correct build date for the early Camaro. I know the part number is 5452310. Can you tell me how the master cylinder is date coded? At this point, the hunt continues! coupe

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
That manual drum master is pretty common for a bunch of years over many car lines. Is your original not around or capable of being rebuilt?

CRG report on Brake Masters and Boosters should help you with casting numbers and date locations: Camaro Chassis - Brakes

Brian

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I'm a newbie with some of this correct part numbers and date codes but here are some shots off of my 68 Chevy II Nova to possibly help you with your search:

Stamped numbers in the distribution block and the cast numbers in the bottom of my brake reservoir:

Cast date code ?:

Stamped letters on the front machine flat:

There were also numbers on the distribution block which I have yet to decipher:

On the distribution block bracket, I saw no numbers on it.

Jim

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to everyone for helping me to date my master cylinder for my 1967 Camaro. The reason that I am changing the disc brakes is that they are not original to my car and I want it to be as original as I can make it. All the photos were a great help and I know where to look for the numbers now! Thanks, Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts